Every few weeks our writers get together and answer a Disney Parks question. Here is this week’s question and answers!
QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival started a couple of weeks ago and is bigger than ever. What are a couple of snacks and/or drinks that look good to you? A full menu is listed here.
Melissa – So many items on this list look AMAZING!!! But as i looked through, below are the top items that would be on my MUST TRY LIST.
1. The Steakhouse Blended Burger: Blended Beef and WIld Mushroom slider with Brie Cheese Fondue, Arugula, Truffle and Blue Cheese Potatoe Chip on a Brioche Bun. – My mouth is literally watering thinking about this burger. It sounds like a burger you’d get at a really fancy restaurant, but now you get the chance to try it in little form.
2. New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll – I have actually been lucky enough to try this one, and let me tell you, it is AMAZING! I had one of these a day when we went to the Festival. It is warm, delicious and packed full of flavor.
3. Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese, and Pumpkin Seeds. If this doesn’t scream fall, I don’t know what does. This stood out as a fun and different way to enjoy fall seasonal items that made any dish delicious. Plus, I really like ravioli, so how could you go wrong? Now on to Dessert….because SOOOOO many looked GOOOOOOD!
4. Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts = yum. I wish i was there right now to try this dish. I am a big fan of cheesecakes, it’s one of my favorite desserts, and paired with a tart fruit makes it even more deliciousl
5. Bougatsa from the Greece Pavilion: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon. I am not normally a fan of cream filled desserts, but this one caught my eye as a pastry that would pack a lot of flavor and would be an item you won’t find many other places outside of Greece.
Andrew – I’ve already mentioned a few of my favorites that have returned to the festival. Here are a few new items that look appealing:
Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice – This dish from the Brazil Marketplace Booth would be my top choice of the festival and it sounds even more appealing at home instead of in the 90 degree heat and humidity. I love seafood and the broth sounds especially interesting.
Short Rib Tostada: Corn Tortilla topped with Short Ribs, Black Beans, Salsa Verde and Spring Onion – Any of the items from the Mexico Booth look delicious this year. I ended up choosing this one because the short ribs intrigued me. While at the booth, this drink sounds delicious – El Padrino: Blackberry Mexican Punch with Velo Blanco Tequila.
Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli – This dish is from the Islands of the Caribbean Booth and makes my list because I love empanadas. Ropa Vieja is popular in Cuba and consists of shredded beef and vegetables.
Matthew – This is the menu that never ends. I would become very fat if I were attending this festival. At these types of things I’m always torn between trying new, slightly weird or adventurous options and just going for things I know I love. This doesn’t have anything really crazy, but plenty I’ve never tried before. I’d tag along with Andrew for a few of his choices, like the Brazilian seafood stew and the tostada and empanada. The Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew also sounds good, along with the lamb chop in Australia. The list of items that look good is far longer than those that don’t, though, so I would need a lot of spending money. I would also drink a lot of beer. And probably a Mai Tai and a frozen mojito. And I think I saw a frozen apple pie drink, which doesn’t necessarily sound great, but I would drink a couple just to be sure.
What would you try at this year’s festival? Let us know, along with any questions you might have, down below in the comments! You can read more Questions of the Week here. If you enjoy what you’re reading please subscribe to the blog and like our social media pages, all of which you can find on the right side of this page. Have a great day!
Categories: Questions of the Week