We are under a week away until Disneyland brings back a few of their beloved nighttime spectaculars. World of Color, Disneyland Forever and Main Street Electrical Parade all return to Disneyland Resort on April 22nd. Fantasmic won’t be far behind, re-debuting on May 28th. With the shows coming back there are some specialty food items and dessert parties coming to the resort, along with a virtual queue for World of Color. In this post, we’ll cover these upcoming additions!
Let’s start with the World of Color virtual queue. For those unaware, World of Color is California Adventure’s nighttime spectacular that’s performed nightly in Paradise Bay. The show combines high shooting fountains, lasers, projections and a Disney centric soundtrack to make for a memorable show. Most of the viewing, at least the reserved sections, are in Paradise Gardens. Those will be accessible by a virtual queue.
To enter the virtual queue guests will need to have a ticket for California Adventure. That does include a Disneyland reservation with a park hopper ticket. At noon, guests will log into the app and find a place in the virtual queue. You do not have to be in California Adventure to enter the virtual queue. In other words, you can enter the virtual queue from Disneyland (as long as you have a park hopper ticket). Once you’ve joined the virtual queue you will get a reservation to either the yellow or blue section. After that’s acquired, guests will enter into their sections approximately 45 minutes before the show and then enjoy!
While it might sound confusing, really this is just about opening up the Disneyland Resort app at noon and following the virtual queue prompts in there. You’ll absolutely want to join the virtual queue to watch the show as the standby viewing areas are limited.
Adding in the virtual queue here isn’t a surprise as World of Color used a reservation system before, just with paper FastPasses. This is essentially the same thing except guests don’t have to walk over to physically get their ticket. It remains to be seen if guests will be able to pick the showtime they prefer once in the virtual queue, as there are typically World of Color shows at 9 and 10:15. We will update once we’ve experienced this!
Moving on to the food, there’s a good amount of specialty items being offered including some adorable popcorn buckets and colorful desserts. There’s also a few dining packages offered which will give you reserved viewing of a show. Here’s a look at the menus throughout the resort!
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor hosted by Dreyer’s (available on Mobile Order)
- Uni-cone: Banana, cherry, and pistachio ice cream in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone with fantasy sprinkles
Hub Churro Cart
- Blueberry Looks Good on You: Blueberry-flavored sugar-dusted churro (New)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Dipping Sauce: Blueberry fruit topping with cream cheese icing (New)
Fantasyland Theatre and Small World Popcorn Carts
- Electric Sweet & Salty Popcorn: Colorful sweet kettle corn combined with butter-flavored popcorn (New)
Fantasyland and Small World Churro Carts
- Electric Sprinkle Dip: Citrus buttercream frosting with sprinkles (New)
Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe (available on Mobile Order)
- Parade Macaron: Yellow macaron filled with honey buttercream and lemon curd topped with rainbow sprinkles and Main Street Electrical Parade drum decoration (New)
- Mine Cart Brownie: White chocolate-dipped dark chocolate brownie topped with sugar gems
- Linzer Cookie: Citrus shortbread linzer cookie with strawberry glaze
- Parade Confetti Bundt Cake: Confetti cake with blue sopapilla filling, cream cheese glaze, and Main Street Electrical Parade chocolate décor (New)
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package: Plaza Inn fried chicken, smoky mac n’ cheese, oven-roasted carrots, baby wedge salad, Mickey-shaped corn bread, and berry cheesecake (only available with purchase of the dining package) (kids option also available)
Refreshment Corner Hosted by Coca-Cola (available on Mobile Order)
- Electric Relish Dog: All-beef hot dog, bacon, mustard cheese sauce, electric relish, and sport peppers served with a choice of a Cuties mandarin orange or small bag of chips (New)
- Firefly Chips: Corn chips topped with chili, cheddar, Monterey Jack, and jalapeños
Red Rose Taverne hosted by Minute Maid (available on Mobile Order)
- Pineapple Night Light: Fresh pineapple purée and Sprite with a glow cube (New)
Town Square Churro Cart
- Parade Dreams: Colorful sugar-dusted churro with fruit drizzle garnished with rainbow candy (New)
Town Square Popcorn Cart
- Electric Pop: Brightly-colored kettle corn (New)
Available at Various Locations Throughout Disneyland Park Throughout the Summer Season:
- Light-up Turtle Premium Sipper (Limit two per person, per transaction while supplies last. Availability may vary throughout the season.) (New)
- Light-up Elliott Dragon Premium Bucket (Limit two per person, per transaction while supplies last. Availability may vary throughout the season.) (New)
Disney California Adventure Park
Paradise Gardens Park
- World of Color Dessert Party: Indulge in sweet delights including raspberry cookies, cheesecake, and Mickey crispies.
Wine Country Trattoria
- World of Color Dining Package: Prior to the show, enjoy a delicious 3-course meal, including dishes like chicken parmesan, fettuccine alfredo, salmon, roasted vegetable lasagna, and tiramisu to name a few. Simply check in with your host or server about upgrading your reservation to the dining package! (Coming Soon!)
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- World of Color Dining Package: Indulge in an all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet with specialty sweets and a non-alcoholic beverage followed by reserved seating for World of Color. Upon arrival for your reservation, just let your server or the host know you want an upgrade to this exciting enhancement. (Coming Soon!)
What do you think of the virtual queue and specialty items? Let us know your thoughts, along with any questions you might have, in the comments below! Planning a trip to Disneyland? Check out our guide to help you along the way! If you enjoy what you’re reading please subscribe to the blog and like our social media pages which you can find on the right side of this page. Thank you for reading, we really appreciate it!
Categories: News, Rumors and Commentary
Leave a Reply